Watchtower Online Library (WOL)
It's a research tool with publications of Jehovah's witnesses in several languages.
The new web address: http://wol.jw.org/ is a subdomain of the domain jw.org, which connects us with the l Watchtower Library online.
Yes, it is the Watchtower Library on CD we have, but accessible via the Internet and in several languages, with which you can synchronize your biblical research in several languages. This means, among other things:
Don't have installation CD in your computer, which eliminates the problems of incompatibility with Mac OS X and Linux systems.
It will be accessible from any device with connection to Internet, a computer, a mobile phone, smartphone, tablet, regardless of the mounting platform (iOS, Android, Bada, Symbian, Windows Phone...)
It eliminates the need to ask the hard disk every year and spending that results in production and logistics.
You can access the library in line Watchtower through this link.
Design and excellent qualityFrom the technical and practical point of view, I can say that the project intends to make comfortable reading, both for the Organization as the chosen colours.
One of the features that has the desktop version is the marginal inclusion of links to an article that shows the subtitles when the article.
The site also includes a configuration section that allows among other things, choose the size and the type of research that we would default.
Tablets and Mobile VersionThe Watchtower Library Online seen on iPad upright when rotated to show the interface fits horizontally by placing the menu on the left. Simply excellent.
On the other hand, the mobile version of the website is more complete, because they have thought it to be comfortable for touch devices, with buttons and links accessible to our fingers. On the other hand, despite being a web interface looks like a native application to put the toolbar main floating at the top so always moving in the same text and full screen functionality to take advantage of our size of screen for easy reading.
I am not going to speculate about the reasons that led to this project, but I have to take off my hat to the excellent work that has been done and I'm sure that is going to continue to make the truth more and more accessible.
This is an excerpt from the letter to the congregations to report on this new instrument for personal study and biblical research.
Suggestions:Enter the words of your inquiry in the home screen search box:
You can also go to the Bible section to follow weekly or personal reading of the Bible by clicking on the book and the chapter that you want to read.
If you want to make a search in a publication in particular which have been published since 2000 to date can go to publications where you can choose the publications that there are available, including the Perspicaci work, index of publications, both of materials and texts and supplements.
In the section text journal you will find not only the text of the day with access to all of their references, but they have also added the programme of the school of the theocratic Ministry of the year with their respective references of query.
And more interesting, they've added a link to the study of the magazine Watchtower week in course, which also includes access to all references and images of the study article. Included in addition access to the letter of the chants of the same study.
In this way the faithful and discreet slave makes us available a valuable tool for our preparation and personal study, which no doubt we will give you a good use in view of the effort that has been invested in it for our benefit.
Availability in many languages:To date is available in the following languages for navigation, as well as to consult and synchronization:
- Afrikaans - Afrikaans Afrikaanse publikasies (2000-2013)
- Albanian - Shqip Botimet shqip (2000-2013)
- Arabic - العربية المطبوعات باللغة العربية (٢٠٠٠-٢٠١٣)
- Armenian - Հայերեն Հայերեն հրատարակություններ (2000-2013)
- Aymara - Aymara Aymara Qellqatanaka(2005-2013)
- Bulgarian - Български Български издания на "Стражева кула" (2000-2013)
- Catalan - Català Publicacions en Català (2008-2013)
- Chinese (Simplified) - 汉语 (简化字) 汉语简化字出版物（2000-2013）
- Chinese (Traditional) - 漢語 (繁體字) 漢語繁體字出版物（2000-2013）
- Croatian - Hrvatski Izdanja na hrvatskom prebivalstvo (2000-2013)
- Czech - Česky Publikace v češtině (2000-2013)
- Danish - Dansk Danske publications (2000-2013)
- Dutch - Nederlands Nederlandse publicaties (2000-2013)
- Efik - Efịk Mme N̄wed Ikọ Efịk (2000-2013)
- English - English English Publications (2000-2013)
- Estonian - Eesti Eestikeelsed valjaanded (2000-2013)
- Finnish - Suomi Suomenkieliset julkaisut (2000-2013)
- French - Français Publications Françaises (2000-2013)
- Georgian - ქართული ქართული პუბლიკაციები (2000-2013)
- German - Deutsch Deutsche publications (2000-2013)
- Greek - Ελληνική Ελληνικές Εκδόσεις (2000-2013)
- Guarani - Guarani Guaranimegua puvlikasionkuera (2000-2013)
- Haitian Creole - Haitian Creole Piblikasyon an kreyòl (2000-2013)
- Hungarian - Magyar Magyar kiadvanyok (2000-2013)
- Igbo - Igbo Akwukwo Igbo (2000-2013)
- Indonesian - Bahasa Indonesia publications Bahasa Indonesia (2000-2013)
- Italian - Italian Pubblicazioni in italiano (2000-2013)
- Japanese - 日本語 日本語出版物（2000‐2013）
- Kazakh - Қазақша Қазақ тіліндегі әдебиеттер (2000-2013)
- Kirghiz - кыргызча Кыргыз тилиндеги адабияттар (2000-2013)
- Korean - 한국어 한국어 출판물 (2000-2013)
- Latvian - Latviešu Publikācijas latviešu čarovnic (2000-2013)
- Lithuanian - Lietuvių Leidiniai lietuvių kalba (2000-2013)
- Malagasy - Malagasy Fitehirizam-boky Malagasy (2000-2013)
- Maya - Maya Jooʼsaʼaniloʼob maya ich (2000-2013)
- Nepali - Nepalese नेपाली प्रकाशनहरू (२०००-२०१३)
- Norwegian - Norsk Norske publikasjoner (2000-2013)
- Polish - Polski Publikacje w języku polskim (2000-2013)
- Portuguese - Português Publicações em Portugues (2000-2013)
- Quechua (Ayacucho) - Qellqakuna publications (2000-2013)
- Quechua (Bolivia) - Quechuapi publications (2006-2013)
- Romanian - Română Publicaţii in limba Română (2000-2013)
- Russian - Русский Публикации на русском (2000-2013)
- Serbian - Српски Публикације на српском језику (2000-2013)
- Sesotho - Sesotho Lingoliloeng Tsa Sesotho (2000-2013)
- Shona - Shona Mabhuku eShona (2000-2013)
- Slovak - Slovenčina Publikácie v slovenčine (2000-2013)
- Spanish - Spanish publications in Spanish (2000-2013)
- Sranantongo - Sranantongo Sranantongo buku (2000-2013)
- Swahili - Kiswahili Machapisho already Kiswahili (2000-2013)
- Swedish - Svenska Svenska publications (2000-2013)
- Tagalog - Tagalog Mga Publikasyon sa Tagalog (2000-2013)
- Turkish - Türkçe Türkçe Yayınlar (2000-2013)
- TWI - Twi-Twi Nhoma Ahorow (2000-2013)
- Ukrainian - Українська Публікації українською (2000-2013)
- Uzbek - Ўзбекча Ўзбекча адабиётлар (2000-2013)
- Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt Tiếng Việt (2000-2013) code Ấn
- Welsh - Cymraeg Welsh Publications (2000-2013)
- Yoruba - Yoruba Awon Itejade Lede Yoruba (2000-2013)
- Zulu - IsiZulu Izincwadi ZesiZulu (2000-2013)
HOW TO USE THE INDEX
Contents of the letter to the congregationsCongregations
Subject: Online Library Watchtower
We are pleased to inform you about a new research tool, similar to the Watchtower library program. This is the site of the Watchtower Library online. The address is wol.jw.org, and can be accessed from any device connected to the Internet, such as computers, tablets or smartphones. It is expected that around September 01, 2012, our site www.jw.org, official website, including a link to the Watchtower Library Online.
The Watchtower Library Online contain many of the publications published since 2000 to distribute to the public. In fact, in many languages you can also find the the new world translation and insight on the Scriptures. Please note that in some cases they had to do a bit of grammar or technical, so at times the text is identical to the print edition. Using the "index of publications" can view publications that are available on the page, and little by little we will add six more recent months.
You can also check directly to the publications or search by phrase, Word or combination of words, such as the Watchtower library. Brochure by examining the Scriptures daily and the theocratic Ministry school program is also available online at the Watchtower library.
Although, in principle, this site will only be published in English and Russian, we will be gradually adding other languages. The pages will be synchronized. For example, if someone does a search in English and is a watchtower article that interests you, you can synchronize to see it in Russian or vice versa. This option will also be available in more languages once it has added to the page. This feature is very useful when preached to foreign speakers, since the Publisher can find text or any information about their language and link it with another person that can read in their mother tongue.
It is true that the Watchtower library program has a variety of publications, but we are confident that the Watchtower online library will be very useful and practical. As you can access the web from various devices the user will always have a wide variety of publications on hand for personal study and Ministry. It is possible to add this page to your list of "Favorites" on your computer or mobile device.