Watchtower Online Library (WOL)
It's a research tool with publications of Jehovah's witnesses in several languages.
The new web address: http://wol.jw.org/ is a subdomain of the domain jw.org, which connects us with the l Watchtower Library online.
Yes, it is the Watchtower Library on CD we have, but accessible via the Internet and in several languages, with which you can synchronize your biblical research in several languages. This means, among other things:
Don't have installation CD in your computer, which eliminates the problems of incompatibility with Mac OS X and Linux systems.
It will be accessible from any device with connection to Internet, a computer, a mobile phone, smartphone, tablet, regardless of the mounting platform (iOS, Android, Bada, Symbian, Windows Phone...)
It eliminates the need to ask the hard disk every year and spending that results in production and logistics.
You can access the library in line Watchtower through this link.
Design and excellent qualityFrom the technical and practical point of view, I can say that the project intends to make comfortable reading, both for the Organization as the chosen colours.
One of the features that has the desktop version is the marginal inclusion of links to an article that shows the subtitles when the article.
The site also includes a configuration section that allows among other things, choose the size and the type of research that we would default.
Tablets and Mobile VersionThe Watchtower Library Online seen on iPad upright when rotated to show the interface fits horizontally by placing the menu on the left. Simply excellent.
On the other hand, the mobile version of the website is more complete, because they have thought it to be comfortable for touch devices, with buttons and links accessible to our fingers. On the other hand, despite being a web interface looks like a native application to put the toolbar main floating at the top so always moving in the same text and full screen functionality to take advantage of our size of screen for easy reading.
I am not going to speculate about the reasons that led to this project, but I have to take off my hat to the excellent work that has been done and I'm sure that is going to continue to make the truth more and more accessible.
This is an excerpt from the letter to the congregations to report on this new instrument for personal study and biblical research.
Suggestions:Enter the words of your inquiry in the home screen search box:
You can also go to the Bible section to follow weekly or personal reading of the Bible by clicking on the book and the chapter that you want to read.
If you want to make a search in a publication in particular which have been published since 2000 to date can go to publications where you can choose the publications that there are available, including the Perspicaci work, index of publications, both of materials and texts and supplements.
In the section text journal you will find not only the text of the day with access to all of their references, but they have also added the programme of the school of the theocratic Ministry of the year with their respective references of query.
And more interesting, they've added a link to the study of the magazine Watchtower week in course, which also includes access to all references and images of the study article. Included in addition access to the letter of the chants of the same study.
In this way the faithful and discreet slave makes us available a valuable tool for our preparation and personal study, which no doubt we will give you a good use in view of the effort that has been invested in it for our benefit.
Availability in many languages:To date is available in the following languages for navigation, as well as to consult and synchronization:
- Afrikaans - Afrikaans Afrikaanse publikasies (2000-2013)
- Albanian - Shqip Botimet shqip (2000-2013)
- Arabic - العربية المطبوعات باللغة العربية (٢٠٠٠-٢٠١٣)
- Armenian - Հայերեն Հայերեն հրատարակություններ (2000-2013)
- Aymara - Aymara Aymara Qellqatanaka(2005-2013)
- Bulgarian - Български Български издания на "Стражева кула" (2000-2013)
- Catalan - Català Publicacions en Català (2008-2013)
- Chinese (Simplified) - 汉语 (简化字) 汉语简化字出版物（2000-2013）
- Chinese (Traditional) - 漢語 (繁體字) 漢語繁體字出版物（2000-2013）
- Croatian - Hrvatski Izdanja na hrvatskom prebivalstvo (2000-2013)
- Czech - Česky Publikace v češtině (2000-2013)
- Danish - Dansk Danske publications (2000-2013)
- Dutch - Nederlands Nederlandse publicaties (2000-2013)
- Efik - Efịk Mme N̄wed Ikọ Efịk (2000-2013)
- English - English English Publications (2000-2013)
- Estonian - Eesti Eestikeelsed valjaanded (2000-2013)
- Finnish - Suomi Suomenkieliset julkaisut (2000-2013)
- French - Français Publications Françaises (2000-2013)
- Georgian - ქართული ქართული პუბლიკაციები (2000-2013)
- German - Deutsch Deutsche publications (2000-2013)
- Greek - Ελληνική Ελληνικές Εκδόσεις (2000-2013)
- Guarani - Guarani Guaranimegua puvlikasionkuera (2000-2013)
- Haitian Creole - Haitian Creole Piblikasyon an kreyòl (2000-2013)
- Hungarian - Magyar Magyar kiadvanyok (2000-2013)
- Igbo - Igbo Akwukwo Igbo (2000-2013)
- Indonesian - Bahasa Indonesia publications Bahasa Indonesia (2000-2013)
- Italian - Italian Pubblicazioni in italiano (2000-2013)
- Japanese - 日本語 日本語出版物（2000‐2013）
- Kazakh - Қазақша Қазақ тіліндегі әдебиеттер (2000-2013)
- Kirghiz - кыргызча Кыргыз тилиндеги адабияттар (2000-2013)
- Korean - 한국어 한국어 출판물 (2000-2013)
- Latvian - Latviešu Publikācijas latviešu čarovnic (2000-2013)
- Lithuanian - Lietuvių Leidiniai lietuvių kalba (2000-2013)
- Malagasy - Malagasy Fitehirizam-boky Malagasy (2000-2013)
- Maya - Maya Jooʼsaʼaniloʼob maya ich (2000-2013)
- Nepali - Nepalese नेपाली प्रकाशनहरू (२०००-२०१३)
- Norwegian - Norsk Norske publikasjoner (2000-2013)
- Polish - Polski Publikacje w języku polskim (2000-2013)
- Portuguese - Português Publicações em Portugues (2000-2013)
- Quechua (Ayacucho) - Qellqakuna publications (2000-2013)
- Quechua (Bolivia) - Quechuapi publications (2006-2013)
- Romanian - Română Publicaţii in limba Română (2000-2013)
- Russian - Русский Публикации на русском (2000-2013)
- Serbian - Српски Публикације на српском језику (2000-2013)
- Sesotho - Sesotho Lingoliloeng Tsa Sesotho (2000-2013)
- Shona - Shona Mabhuku eShona (2000-2013)
- Slovak - Slovenčina Publikácie v slovenčine (2000-2013)
- Spanish - Spanish publications in Spanish (2000-2013)
- Sranantongo - Sranantongo Sranantongo buku (2000-2013)
- Swahili - Kiswahili Machapisho already Kiswahili (2000-2013)
- Swedish - Svenska Svenska publications (2000-2013)
- Tagalog - Tagalog Mga Publikasyon sa Tagalog (2000-2013)
- Turkish - Türkçe Türkçe Yayınlar (2000-2013)
- TWI - Twi-Twi Nhoma Ahorow (2000-2013)
- Ukrainian - Українська Публікації українською (2000-2013)
- Uzbek - Ўзбекча Ўзбекча адабиётлар (2000-2013)
- Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt Tiếng Việt (2000-2013) code Ấn
- Welsh - Cymraeg Welsh Publications (2000-2013)
- Yoruba - Yoruba Awon Itejade Lede Yoruba (2000-2013)
- Zulu - IsiZulu Izincwadi ZesiZulu (2000-2013)
HOW TO USE THE INDEX
CONTENT AND UTILITY
It is a pleasure for Jehovah's witnesses publish this index of publications edited or revised during the indicated years
If you want to find information about fixed sections of Watchtower, awake! and Our Kingdom Ministry, such as the questions of the readers section, look for that same title at this index.
If you are looking for references under the entry index of the publications WATCH TOWER, you will find other ideas about the use that can be given to this publication.
The index will be useful for the Ministry of the field, their responsibilities in the Congregation and his personal Studio. In addition, you will find valuable tips for family life and daily life.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Order of entries. The main entries appear in alphabetical order. If they are numbers, as 1914 or 144,000, the order is numeric and appear before the lyrics. Articles (the, the, the, a, a, etc.) are usually placed at the end of the inning, after a comma. For example: WATCHTOWER, the. In addition, in the case of entries that begin with the same word, such as Adam (first man), Adam, the last (1 Corinthians 15:45) and Adam and Eve, the order used to literate them is as follows: the first parenthesis, then brackets, coma, numbers and last letters.
Subentries starting with figures appear in numerical order and van before that consist only of words. On the other hand, lists of years, as those found under dates, are in chronological order, and the biblical texts are sorted according to the books of the Bible (see, for example, the authenticity of the Bible).
How to search. The information is organized by subject, so do not try to find an article or a chapter title. However, the key words of the title can help you guide.
To search for information, determine the matter or topic in question, think of a word or phrase that would define it and look for that entry. Try to be as specific as possible, so you will get a more complete list of references. For example, if you are looking for information about blood transfusions, look for blood TRANSFUSIONS rather than blood.
If you are looking for experiences of preaching, you can find them under the Ministry's field experiences or other related entries, like for example, the name of the publication used. You can also find them in the country where it occurred.
There are few names that appear as main entries, but you will find some witnesses by name under biographies of Jehovah's witnesses. In addition, all of the witnesses mentioned in the index appear under countries in that you have served.
Lists by name or by year serve to find more references in other entries. For example, in the list per year that appears in district assemblies (and other large assemblies), you will find the subentry ' 2005, ' obedience to God ', district assemblies ". If you are looking for the main entrance, you will find all references related to that corresponding to the years assembly comprising this index. If a House was not given a specific name, usually you can find it under the name of the main city where held, for example: COLUMBUS (OHIO), assemblies of.
When you find the entry, read first releases that appear in parentheses, because they can lead to an entry where the information that seeks to question more specifically. If it is not so, a look at the subentries. Subentries are usually grouped under the sections in bold. Sometimes is a list of sections in bold just after releases in parentheses, so that you can go directly to the section if he sees it fit.
Where it finds no main entrance with the word or phrase you chose or not halle you are looking for in the selected input, consider a synonym or a broader concept.
Even though if you find appropriate references, remember that one entry does not necessarily have all of the possible references, making it practical to investigate also in other entries, especially when it comes to important matters.
Note: The Students of the Bible name (in capitals) was used for Jehovah's witnesses from the time of C. T. Russell until 1931, when it adopted the name Jehovah's witnesses.
Biblical texts including. This section includes only the verses which have been explained in whole or in part on publications. I.e., if the meaning of a text has been clarified, it have explained the circumstances in which was written or why he wrote, or have been given more details about certain word of the original languages, the text is ready in the index.
Texts that are only cited to support a point but that are not explained have been omitted. For example, if Ezekiel 18:4 is used only to show that the soul dies, will not be included, because is not any explanation on the text.
How to find the explanation. You will find the text quoted, copied and explained on the pages that are referenced (e.g., 23-25). Please note that on the first page may not find the text, but the beginning of the explanation. In some cases it begins to explain the verse, then other types of information appears, and then continues with the explanation, so we recommend that you read all the above pages.
In order to. The references are grouped by years, beginning with the most recent. Within each year, the publications are enrolled in the following order: first The Watchtower, then Bibles, books, brochures, awake! , and finally our Kingdom Ministry. In the case of Watchtower, awake! and Our Kingdom Ministry, numbers are ready from the first until the last of the year. References to Our Kingdom Ministry correspond to the Spanish edition of United States, but the same information is often found in other editions.
Are confident that this index will help you to 'walk in a manner worthy of the Lord' as sincere student of the Bible, 'so it pleases him fully while still being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the exact knowledge of God' (Col. 1:10)).
Contents of the letter to the congregationsCongregations
Subject: Online Library Watchtower
We are pleased to inform you about a new research tool, similar to the Watchtower library program. This is the site of the Watchtower Library online. The address is wol.jw.org, and can be accessed from any device connected to the Internet, such as computers, tablets or smartphones. It is expected that around September 01, 2012, our site www.jw.org, official website, including a link to the Watchtower Library Online.
The Watchtower Library Online contain many of the publications published since 2000 to distribute to the public. In fact, in many languages you can also find the the new world translation and insight on the Scriptures. Please note that in some cases they had to do a bit of grammar or technical, so at times the text is identical to the print edition. Using the "index of publications" can view publications that are available on the page, and little by little we will add six more recent months.
You can also check directly to the publications or search by phrase, Word or combination of words, such as the Watchtower library. Brochure by examining the Scriptures daily and the theocratic Ministry school program is also available online at the Watchtower library.
Although, in principle, this site will only be published in English and Russian, we will be gradually adding other languages. The pages will be synchronized. For example, if someone does a search in English and is a watchtower article that interests you, you can synchronize to see it in Russian or vice versa. This option will also be available in more languages once it has added to the page. This feature is very useful when preached to foreign speakers, since the Publisher can find text or any information about their language and link it with another person that can read in their mother tongue.
It is true that the Watchtower library program has a variety of publications, but we are confident that the Watchtower online library will be very useful and practical. As you can access the web from various devices the user will always have a wide variety of publications on hand for personal study and Ministry. It is possible to add this page to your list of "Favorites" on your computer or mobile device.